With its stunning beaches, great scenery to bask in, happening nightlife, and milder winters, Cairns, Australia is a well-known haven for visitors both local and abroad. Want a few tips of exactly what you can check out when you’re there? Opt for a Cairns car rental to make this memory worth cherishing by taking a road trip. Here’s a look at what more you can enjoy while traversing through Cairns.
1. Fishing. In Cairns, you can take pleasure in the company of professionals who take fishing very seriously. There are plenty of guides and tours who can tell you all about the environment in these parts and the best places to place your rod. You can try catching a barramundi while here!
2. The Great Barrier Reef. This is the world’s largest coral reef comprising of 3,000 individual reefs and covering an area of 344,400 square kilometers. This is truly an experience of a lifetime that can’t be missed. You can cruise along the waters, snorkel, scuba dive, or simply lounge on the nearby beach.
3. Palm Cove. This is a seaside village that offers tons of aquatic activities like scuba diving, snorkeling, surfing, and kayaking. You can also spend some quality time in the 9-hole golf course, which is just a kilometer away from the beach.
4. Botanical Gardens. There is something special about the climate of Australia, and this botanical garden ensures that you get a view of the country’s most unique and exotic tropical plants. You can walk through the tracks and explore how native species of animals and birds make Australia a land of fantasy.
5. Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park. Experience Australia’s rich cultural heritage that dates back 40,000 years. You can listen to stories, music, and witness beautiful tribal dances, all while roaming around this cultural center.
6. Kuranda Scenic Railway. With its 120 years old railway service, Cairns plays an important role in the modern history of Australia. You can complete a journey on this rail within two hours.
7. Daintree Rainforest. If you’re a nature lover, then you will find trekking up this rainforest irresistible! You’ll not only find abundance of flora and fauna in this region, but also a picturesque view of this country from above.
8. Dolphins and whales. Do you find intelligent, aquatic mammals particularly fascinating and majestic? Then Cairns is the place to be! The Great Barrier Reef happens to be a great escape for these cetaceans as they migrate to Australia from Antarctica and make a splendid sight for tourists and residents alike.
9. Cairns Night Markets. If you’re interested to take a souvenir, then you must pay a visit to these markets with your car rental Cairns service. They are open all throughout the year between 5 and 11pm and offer tons of food options, handmade souvenirs, and family activities.
10. Undara Volcanic National Park. You’ll be surprised to know that only 23 countries have lava tubes – Australia is one of them. This is a perfectly safe trip and you can even spend a night in a tent at this park to add a little extra adventure.
If you’re a night owl on your way to choose from RV rentals San Diego, you will want to check out the Gaslamp Quarter. It’s a fabulous place to let your hair down and enjoy something new. There are many reasons why San Diego visitors make it a point to check out this neighborhood.
If it’s your first time in San Diego and more specifically in the Gaslamp Quarter, we have compiled just a few of the must-do experiences while in town. Whether you’re here for a day or a week, these places and things to do will surely be good use of your time. While many will say that the Gaslamp Quarter is only for the party goers, there is something for everyone in one of San Diego’s favorite spots.
The Best of the Gaslamp Quarter
To help you start planning the perfect trip to San Diego, check out the following ideas for a rewarding Gaslamp Quarter experience:
- Walk down the street and explore the glorious architecture. If you’re a big fan of architecture and more specifically of older buildings, then don’t hesitate to visit this area of San Diego. The Old City Hall is a favorite, as is the Baroque Revival Louis Bank of Commerce. Although really, anywhere you go in the Gaslamp Quarter will bring you back in time. If you’re not into the night scene, this is still a very valid reason to check out the Gaslamp Quarter.
- Visit during one of the many iconic events that take place here. From the Mardi Gras Parade to Comic-Con, there are several events that happen in this area of San Diego, on a yearly basis. If you’re a fan of participating in fun festivities such as the above events, make sure to research dates beforehand. The good news is that not one month goes by without there being some type of fun event happening in the Gaslamp Quarter. Whether work brings you to these parts or you have San Diego on your road trip itinerary, make sure to enjoy some off time at one of the many events.
- Go bar hopping during a night out. This is where the Gaslamp Quarter really shines. The night scene is unlike anywhere else and it is definitely a place for the night owls who love a good party. A good place to get your started is The Shout! House. It’s a place with a fun, lively atmosphere with musicians so talented that they get you enjoying the ambiance and music. Plus, you’ll be able to enjoy good drinks and food. Other places that bring in clubgoers in the Gaslamp Quarter are The Tipsy Crow, Whiskey Girl, and Gaslamp Tavern.
- Catch a play at one of the theatres. The Horton Grand Theatre and ArtsTix are two places to get you started. From musicals to heart-grabbing stories, the theatres in the Gaslamp Quarter are excellent places to enjoy time spent stepping out of your reality. If you’re traveling around in RV rentals San Diego, go ahead and park somewhere and enjoy the rest of your day on foot. You can easily get to the theatres in the Gaslamp Quarter on foot.
- Browse the art galleries and museums in the Gaslamp Quarter. Contrary to common opinion, the Gaslamp Quarter isn’t only for the partiers. It’s a perfect spot for the culture buffs who want to enjoy some time browsing the exhibitions and fascinating exhibits to be found at the art galleries and museums in the area. From Sparks Gallery and The Art of Tim Cantor to Michael J. Wolf Fine Arts and The New Children’s Museum, and more, there is plenty to see and experience for the art fanatic visiting San Diego.
As you can see, for those who like to keep busy, there is plenty to see and do in the Gaslamp Quarter. It’s the perfect place for enjoying new experiences, getting to know San Diego’s nightlife vibe, and seeing some of the oldest buildings in town.
It’s a place that you can enjoy on your own or a great spot for celebrating with friends. A sole traveler will have plenty to keep them entertained yet a group of pals will enjoy the sites together.
It’s also the perfect place for planning that perfect date night. From good food to fun bars, art galleries, and theatre, what else do you need to have a good time? Whether you want to treat yourself or someone else to a memorable day, the Gaslamp Quarter is a must-visit neighborhood in San Diego.
If you’re planning on checking out the RV rentals San Diego, make sure to start off your road trip in one of the best locations in the country. The Gaslamp Quarter is worth your time. Entertainment, culture, arts, and fabulous drinks; it’s the perfect place to start off an unforgettable road trip.
Planning for a trip is exciting. You get to choose your lodging, your mode of travel, all the great attractions you’ll see, the restaurants you’ll visit, and the insurance policies you’ll activate.
If you don’t think insurance looks at home in that list, you’re not alone. It is not one of the fun things we think about as we plan a trip, and it’s certainly not one of the things we get excited about. But sometimes the things that are most exciting are the ones that prevent a nightmare, and insurance definitely fits the bill in that area.
Most people assume they’ve got the coverage they need already. They just need to hop in the car and go. But the reality is that there are certain considerations you should make to protect you from a costly and inconvenient experience while you’re on the road.
There are several different types of insurance you should consider before you travel.
Yes, you should already have liability on your own vehicle, but you might need to make other provisions for the trip. If you plan to rent a vehicle, review the insurance offerings. Remember that you’ll be driving an unfamiliar car–one that belongs to somebody else. The dents and dings that you would tolerate on your own car are unacceptable to the rental company, and they’re expensive to repair. Take the policy they offer.
What about your own car? The first thing you want to do is make sure that your insurance is paid up until at least after your trip. There’s nothing worse than letting it lapse as you drive the country and then having an accident. You’ll also want to review your policy and see if it might be a good time to buy new car insurance that offers a better plan for your circumstances. You might also want to activate comprehensive coverage for the duration of the trip. It will cover repairs you’ll need to complete the trip if you suffer storm damage, hit a deer, or experience other mishaps.
It is heartbreaking to book that perfect island getaway only to watch a hurricane churn across the ocean straight toward your destination. You cancel your travel plans and lose your deposit.
You may also lose your luggage while in transit, forcing you to pay tourist-trap prices for essentials. Or you could fall ill while overseas, running up medical bills that your domestic medical insurance won’t cover.
While there are very few vacations that actually meet this fate, the financial impact when it does happen can be painful. We often save up our money for months or even years to take a trip, so it is a significant financial blow when something derails the plans or increases the cost. Getting travel insurance will help you protect yourself financially from these and other disasters. Investigate it before traveling.
Coverage For The Home Front
Vacation is all about getting away, but that doesn’t mean we don’t care about our homes. After all, we’ll probably feel pretty good when we first walk back inside it after the trip.
Before you leave town, review your homeowner’s insurance. Certainly the prospect of a theft or fire is foremost in your mind, but other issues can emerge as well. Do you have enough liability coverage if the housesitter or dog walker gets hurt coming over? Could seasonal threats like wildfires threaten things while you’re gone? Talk with your agent and make sure that he or she knows your situation. You might be able to increase coverage temporarily to provide extra protection during the time that you’re away.
Stress relief is often one of our goals when traveling. Yet sometimes the trip itself can add more stress to our lives. When we are worried about what might go wrong on our trip or even back home, it’s hard to relax and have fun. Getting the right insurance coverage will prevent that worry and make traveling fun for your family.
Maldives, the beautiful tropical nation sits amidst the Indian Ocean like a beautiful jewel. With its 26 oval shaped atolls and more than a thousand picturesque islands, this nation is simply a paradise for travellers looking for an island break. Maldives has been one of the go-to destinations for romantic couple and honeymooners because of its awe-inspiring beauty, incredible white sand beaches and crystalline blue waters. The incredible blue lagoons and the extensive coral reefs that this nation has in store making it one of the most popular island destinations in the whole world. However, with more than a thousand islands to choose from, it can be an issue to figure out which island to visit during your trip to this beautiful nation. To help you make a decision, here are the top three islands which you must check out during your dream holiday in the Maldives.
If you want a vacation full of luxury and romance, the Male is the island for you. Being the capital of Maldives, Male is one of the most important islands in the Maldives. Although there are not many sightseeing options in Male and it is quite crowded, still the urban life and level of luxury that Male offers simply make it one of the must-visit islands in the Maldives. The island boasts a lot of upscale restaurants and cafes, awesome nightlife and a ton of shopping options to keep you busy. Among the major attractions in Male, Grand Friday Mosque, Malé Fish Market, Malé’s National Museum and Tsunami Monument are a few which you must visit while you are here.
Baros Island provides you with all the peace and serenity which Male cannot provide you. If you want to get away from the crowd and spend a day only with your loved one or by yourself, then Baros Island is the place where you would want to be. The island boasts of some of the most beautiful sun-drenched beaches and boutique resorts, and it is famous among the travellers for its beautiful corals. You can stay at one of the beautiful water villas and enjoy the beautiful views of the ocean from the comfort of your own home. There are a handful of luxury restaurants and bars in the vicinity for you to enjoy some gourmet meals. You can dip your feet in the clear cyan waters and unwind, spend a relaxing day or engage yourself in some watersports while you are here.
If you are visiting Maldives with your family and kids, then Halaveli Island can be the best choice for you. Surrounded by the ocean from all sides, Halaveli offers you and your family the perfect combination of isolation and fun. The island is home to the Constance Halaveli Resort, which is quite popular among its visitors for its 57 water villas. There are a lot of things that you enjoy with your family in this beautiful island. Enjoy a relaxing swim through the turquoise water, take a long walk along the sandy beaches or enjoy the colourful marine life while you spend your time on this island.
Luxury cruises have always been the go-to way if someone wants to enjoy a vacation full of luxury and ultimate comfort. Although cruise vacations used to be disregarded by intrepid travellers as ‘shallow’ and ‘not culturally rich enough’ in the past, that idea about cruise trips is changing. With the changing travel industry, cruise trips have also evolved to cater to the more serious travellers’ needs as well. Nowadays, cruise vacations also give you the unique cultural experiences that travellers seek from all their endeavours. From organising guided excursions at the shore to lending bikes for you to explore less travelled paths to taking you to remote, unknown destinations, you’ll get to experience all of these when you go on a Fred Olsen cruise or most of the other cruise lines. Here are the top four reasons why you should consider a luxury cruise vacation during your next vacation.
A cruise vacation is truly the ultimate form of a luxurious vacation that you can experience. The luxury cruise ships have all the amenities and the services a top-end hotel can offer you. The cabins of these cruise ships are fitted with luxurious furniture and modern fixtures to make sure that your stay on the ship is comfortable. You will get to enjoy gourmet delicacies prepared onboard by professional chefs, and sip on your favourite beverages as you enjoy the view of the ocean. From live entertainment shows to high-end bars, everything is present on the ship itself so that you can enjoy your holiday without compromising on luxury.
Unparalleled level of service
The crew of these cruise ships are specially trained to take care of every little thing that you need. The level of personalized service that you get to enjoy on a cruise ship is truly an unparalleled experience. From the moment you set foot on your vessel, all your needs will be taken care of by the friendly service staff and the crew of your cruise ship.
Hassle free vacation
A cruise vacation is the ultimate relaxing vacation that you will ever get to enjoy in your life. Apart from the luxury of service, cruise vacations take away one of the biggest hurdles of enjoying a relaxed vacation, and that is the planning. After you book the tickets for your cruise ride, you will not have to worry about anything else. Your itinerary, excursions, accommodation, food – everything else will be taken care of. This will make sure you get to relax and enjoy your vacation to the fullest.
Cruise trips are a great way to meet new, like-minded people during your vacation. Most of the people who go for cruise vacations have already reached a certain place in their lives. You can be sure to find a lot of people having similar drives and interests as you when you go on a cruise vacation. That is why it is a great way to make new friends and new connections with people while enjoying your vacation.